Who do I contact for victim and witness assistance at the local level?

At most military installations, the military legal office is the central point of contact for victim and witness assistance. You can call the base, post, or installation legal office and ask for the Victim and Witness Assistance Coordinator. To find information on specific U.S. military installations, go to and select the appropriate military branch.

Are there any state resources for victims and witnesses of crimes?

Yes. Try an Internet search using key words such as VICTIM, WITNESS, ASSISTANCE, and the name of the state or city you want information about. There are also a number of sites that maintain information on state resources as well as internet links to on-line information about state resources. For sites with links to state resources, go to our Related Sites page.